Thursday, March 26, 2009

Studio414 One World Contest;;

www.studio414contest.com

I'm thinking about entering the next One World contest Studio414 holds.
The One World contest is an aspiring photographers contest in which people from all over the world capture photos of the beauty and emotion of everyday life.
There's an $8.oo entry fee per photo, but the winners are rewarded nicely.
First place gets either $2,ooo or a fairly nice Canon EOS 5d Mark II, which costs about $2,7oo.
Second place receives $3oo.
And lastly, third place gets $1oo.

I do have an interest in photography and film.
It's something I've wanted to do since I've had my own camera.
Which I bought with my own savings in 6th grade.
It was a terrible camera, yes, but it was mine.
It took photos and videos.
It also got me in a lot of trouble, as Southgate kids would know.

And now I have a digital Polaroid that I use occasionally.
Unfortunately, the battery dies fairly often, and I don't have the money to buy several hundred batteries at once.
But oh, what I could do with that Canon EOS...

And with the help of photography classes, which I planned on taking, I might just have one by time I graduate.
I'm setting a goal for myself, here.
One of the first goals I've set in a long time.
I'm going to enter these contests.
Each round between now and graduation from Shaker, starting with the next round.
I'll probably go through several hundred dollars, paying the $8.oo fee for each photo, but I don't mind.
My dreams are worth much more than flimsy paper money.

And with that being said, I'm going to continue watching Private Practice.


lult;;
++ Chels!`

No comments:

Post a Comment